Contact us for a free quote:  800-851-7740


Hortica writes Personal Insurance.

Personal insurance is not a commodity. There are significant differences among the policies offered by various insurance companies. Working with insurers like Safeco, The Hartford, MetLife Auto & Home, Progressive, Foremost and Chubb Companies enables us to provide Hortica customers with the customized coverage, pricing, and flexibility they need and deserve.


Homeowners policies include both property and liability coverages. Property insurance protects your home itself, other structures located on your property such as garages and swimming pools, as well as your personal belongings, whether in your home or elsewhere. Liability insurance provides protection against lawsuits (including defense costs) for injuries or property damage caused by you, family members residing with you and your pets. Additional living expense coverage pays additional costs (such as hotel bills and restaurant meals) you incur because you are forced to live away from your home due to damage caused by a covered loss.

Special versions of Homeowners policies are available for owners of high value homes, older homes and for those who live in apartments or condos.

Optional coverages include:

  • Mine Subsidence
  • Earthquake
  • Backup of sewers or drains
  • Special coverage for guns, jewelry, fine arts and other valuable property
  • Breakdown of mechanical systems

Points to consider:

  • Are your home and personal belongings insured for current (depreciated) values, or for full replacement cost?
  • Keeping in mind that replacement cost often exceeds purchase price or market value, in the event of a disaster will your current insurance limit be enough to reconstruct your home?
  • More than a quarter of flood damage occurs in areas not considered at high risk for flooding. (Hortica writes flood insurance.)

Learn More

Personal Auto

Personal Auto policies cover damage to or theft of your vehicle, protect you in the event you injure others or damage their property in an auto accident, and pay for the treatment of injuries.

Optional car insurance coverages include:

  • Towing

  • Rental reimbursement

  • Pet coverage (for pets injured in auto accidents)

  • Lease or loan gap coverage

Points to consider:

  • Does your current policy restrict coverage for inexperienced drivers?

  • Are you protected when you drive a rented or borrowed car?

  • Are you protected if you are injured by an uninsured or underinsured driver?

  • Consider the cost of insurance before you buy your next car.

  • Are you taking advantage of every available discount?

  • Not all auto insurance policies are the same. Hortica will help you make a good choice.

Rental Dwelling and Vacation Home Insurance

Specialized insurance coverage is available for rental property and vacation homes. Similar to homeowner policies, theses can include both property and liability coverages. In addition, coverage for loss of rents due to a covered loss and vandalism can be included.

Points to consider:

  • Does your homeowner’s liability coverage extend to your rental property or vacation home?

  • Do you have contents in your rental property or vacation home that need to be covered?

Motorcycle Insurance

Motorcycle policies cover damage to or theft of your motorcycle, protect you in the event you injure others or damage their property in a motorcycle accident, and pay for the treatment of injuries.

Points to consider:

  • Do you have adequate coverage for custom parts, paint, chrome and accessories?

  • Does your motorcycle liability insurance apply to passengers?

  • Always were a helmet and proper riding gear!

RV Insurance

Specialized RV insurance is available for motor homes, travel trailers, pop-up campers, fifth wheels and toy haulers.

Points to consider:

  • Does your policy provide emergency expense coverage to pay for lodging while your RV is being repaired?

  • Are your awnings and outside accessories covered?

  • “Full-Timers” need primary residence protection.

Watercraft Insurance

Watercraft policies cover damage to or theft of your boats, personal watercraft and trailers, protect you in the event you injure others or damage their property in a watercraft accident and can pay for the treatment of injuries to passengers in your watercraft.

Points to consider:

  • Do you want or need replacement cost on your boat?

  • Do you want coverage for your personal property and/or fishing gear stowed on your watercraft?

  • Do you use your boat on lakes and rivers or larger bodies of water? Specific yacht or boat insurance coverage may apply.

Personal Umbrella

Personal Umbrella insurance policies provide protection for large liability losses that exceed the insurance provided by Homeowners, Personal Auto, Dwelling, Motorcycle, Recreational Vehicle and Watercraft policies.

Points to consider:

  • The greater your assets and earning power, the more you need an umbrella insurance.

  • The cost for a Personal Umbrella policy is low compared to the protection it affords.

  • Personal Umbrella policies require the maintenance of certain “underlying” insurance in order to avoid a potentially large coverage gap. Do your underlying personal insurance policies meet those requirements?

Additional Hortica Advantages

  • Purchase two or more policies and receive up to a 20% discount

  • Claims support available 24/7

  • Changing is easy

Request a quote today!