Employment issues are something every business owner faces. Sometimes, unhappy employees file lawsuits. Fortunately, there are ways you can limit your potential exposure to these kinds of claims.
With Hortica’s Employment Related Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI), you’re better protected from these and other employment practice claims that may come up. Here are some of the situations where we’ll protect you:
- Demotion or failure to promote
- Negative evaluations, reassignments, or discipline issues
- Wrongful termination
- Breach of employment contract
- Negligent hiring or supervision
- Denial of training
- Invasion of privacy
- Retaliatory action against an employee
- Coercing an employee to commit an illegal act
- Workplace harassment
- Discrimination as the result of verbal, physical, mental, or emotional abuse
- Employment-related libel, slander, or defamation
The majority of employment practice claims are proven groundless, but they can be extremely costly to defend. An important benefit of EPLI is coverage to pay for a legal defense. Policyholders faced with a claim can expect to be defended by a highly qualified law firm with special expertise in the field of employment law.
Check your business owner’s policy today to see if you have this important coverage. You can learn more about EPLI on the Hortica website with our link to Enquiron, a service available to our clients. If you have any other liability questions when it comes to your business or workforce, give one of our Hortica insurance specialists a call. They’re ready to provide some answers.
Learn more about protecting your business, check out the Hortica Resources section.
Tax time is sooner than you think. It’s also a good time to consider how your cash flow statements can impact your insurance. We take a closer look.