As a business grows, it becomes more and more likely to reach outside the United States. If you are, or plan to be, a business owner of one of these companies, consider Foreign Liability Insurance.
International trade has reached to nearly one third of the United States Gross Domestic Product. Therefore, the business world, both physically and hypothetically, is a rather big and sometimes complicated place. When a business is faced with a liability here at home, it usually easier to understand the legal vulnerability, but when faced with a whole new set of unfamiliar set of laws in other countries, that is where it gets a little messy. Here at Hortica, our goal is to assist you in all of your foreign business and protect you while your business expands to meet new cultures, languages, as well as unfamiliar laws.
Questions to ask:
- Does your company transport or manufacture a product or material in a foreign country?
- Do you or your employees travel out of the country for business purposes?
- Does your company have the need to rent offices or tradeshow space while out of the country?
- Would an employee need to rent a vehicle while on business?
- Will you or your employees be leaving the country with company property? Such as laptop computers, etc.
- What is the time period you or your associate will be staying outside of the country?
No matter what your company is facing overseas, or throughout America, there are many types of coverage options to protect your company and your employees in foreign country affairs.
Optional coverage includes:
- Foreign Commercial General Liability: covers foreign occurrences and lawsuits that are brought outside of the United States and Canada
- Foreign Voluntary Workers Compensation/ Employers Liability: extends benefits outside the U.S.
- Foreign Business Auto: liability coverage for rented and non- owned vehicles used by the company operated outside the U.S.
- Foreign Commercial Property: includes protection for personal property including computers, sales samples and personal property for tradeshows while overseas or in transit
- Foreign Crime: protects against losses due to dishonest acts committed by employees outside the country. This includes, but is not limited to, theft and robbery
- Foreign Travel Accident & Sickness: protects in the event of sickness or any other emergency
- Kidnap, Ransom & Extortion: a growing problem overseas, so we provide growing overage if an employee is faced with any of these issues
- Marine Ocean Cargo: international shipment coverage
- Political Risk: covers any losses of property due to confiscation, selective discrimination, etc. by foreign governments
- Foreign travel assist: provides employees with 24- hour emergency travel services
Many everyday business insurance policies will not go so far as to cover business that is done overseas. Therefore, these policies can be combined and expanded as your business grows to get the most coverage for you, your business and your employees in unfamiliar territories.
Our agents are standing by to help you and your business thrive in the most unexplored of situations by choosing a policy that best fits your company’s needs overseas.