Welcome to the Illinois Green Industry Association (IGIA), a leader in getting its members involved, whether it be in leadership positions, program development, or communication strategies.
The IGIA is a non-profit trade association serving members in Illinois’ nursery and landscape industries. Founded in 1925, the IGIA is an organization that represents, educates, and promotes growers, nurseries, and re-wholesalers; garden centers and retailers; irrigation contractors; landscape professionals; and other green industry businesses.
More specifically, the goals of the IGIA are to:
- Increase member involvement in IGIA leadership, as well as program development and implementation
- Improve and expand member services
- Enhance overall image with an emphasis on increasing public awareness of both the green industry in general and member companies
- Broaden membership and representation to invite and include Illinois’ entire green industry
- Strengthen working relationships with key groups
- Enhance strategic communications
The IGIA tries to meet those goals by providing cutting-edge communications, programs, certification classes, and services for its members. You can sign up for an IGIA newsletter, visit the association’s job center, and receive news alerts on topics such as the box blight pathogen and Emerald ash borer.
The IGIA is especially active in events, bringing members together to network, educate, and train in best practices.
Hortica participates in various IGIA events, most recently at InVigorateU, held in January. InVigorateU is an intensive educational event for landscape architects, growers, retailers, irrigation contractors, turf professionals, arborists, and landscape foremen.
This event is geared toward those looking not only for continuing educational credits, but also for practical and productive learning in a “let’s get to work” setting. Learn more about these and other events on the IGIA website.
At Hortica, we have a long-standing relationship with the IGIA, serving as their endorsed insurance carrier. IGIA members can save up to 10 percent on business insurance with us. Get in touch with us to learn more.